1264 Garrison Road Unit #4,
Fort Erie ON L2A 1P1
Comprehensive eye examination covered with valid OHIP coverage
- Insured children aged 0-19 and insured adult seniors ages 65 and above are covered by OHIP for a comprehensive eye examination once every 12 months plus any follow-up assessments that may be required.
- Insured adults aged 20-64 years: with specified medical conditions affecting the eye can receive an OHIP insured comprehensive eye examination once every 12 months:
Some ocular emergencies like eye infections are not covered.
- Under the Ministry of Community and Social Services (MCSS), OHIP insured persons receiving assistance through the Ontario Disability Support Program, Ontario Works, or the Family Benefits Program will receive coverage for comprehensive eye examination once every two years. If you have any questions about the coverage provided under these programs.Please call Client Services at MCSS at 1 888 789-4199 (toll free) or 416 325-5666 (Toronto) or 1 800 387-5559 (TTY) or visit MCSS for more information.
Comprehensive eye examination not covered
Adults aged 20 to 64 years (unless specified above): Comprehensive eye examinations are not covered by OHIP. These individuals are responsible for payment for these examinations.
OHIP non coverage
- Assessments of contact lenses or related problems.
- Eyewear, contact lenses, vitamins, drops, etc.
Many Ontario insurance companies have added eye examinations and eyewear/contact lenses to their Vision Care Benefit coverage.